In the world of home baking, few appliances have transformed the way we think about bread than bread making machines. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice who is eager to embark on a homemade bread-making adventure, the best bread making machines offer a delightful blend of convenience and craftsmanship.
Picture this… you open your eyes on a chilly morning and notice the delicious scent of freshly baked bread wafting in the air. Are you dreaming? Did you sleep bake again? Or did the bread elves visit in the night and make you a breakfast loaf? Of course not! It’s all thanks to the nifty bread making machine in your kitchen!
So you want to buy a bread maker, but what features do you need to look out for? Useful things to have with any bread making machine is a timer, so you don’t have to wait for the right time to switch it on, and most bread makers already come with that.
Look out for easy cleaning, a bread making machine is supposed to be convenient so the last thing you want to do is spend a long time cleaning it.
If you want to try your hand at other sorts of baking, you’ll want to buy a bread maker with options for using different flours.
Why Bake your Own Bread?
There are lots of reason to bake your own bread at home. One benefit is that homemade bread is healthier, as there is no need for added ingredients like the preservatives that extend shelf life, dough conditioners or sweeteners that you find in shop bought loaves. Plus, the fresh taste of homemade bread is nothing like anything you can buy.
Like the idea of baking your own bread, but don’t have the time to do it regularly? That’s where a good bread maker comes into its own.
Here’s a look at some of the best bread makers so you can enjoy fresh loaves at home!
Morphy Richards Fastbake Bread Making Machine
This Morphy Richards breadmaker takes all the effort of making delicious bread. All you have to do is put in the ingredients, select the right program and leave it to do its thing.
Upon your return, you’ll find a fresh loaf waiting for you! Or, if you are fascinating by the cooking process, you can view your loaf through the perspex window as it cooks.
Another benefit of this bread making machine is the timer, so you can decide exactly when you want your bread.
Simply put your ingredients in before you go to bed, delay the start for some hours and wake up to the smell of your fresh bread each morning, perfect for breakfast!
- 12 programs from basic white loaves to cakes, jam and dough
- 3 loaf sizes – bakes 1 lb, 1.5 lb, 2 lb loaves and 3 crust settings
- Instruction manual contains gluten free recipes
- Fastbake – bake a loaf in under 50 minutes
- 13 hour delay timer for over night baking.
Another great thing about this bread making machine is that you can make loaves of different sizes, handy if some like it brown and some like it white, or perhaps you like a gluten free loaf while others want a traditional sandwich bread.
The instruction manual comes with a selection of recipes, so you can start making your own bread as soon as you plug the breadmaker in.
Why choose this bread maker? The Morphy Richards bread making machine is fast and reliable, and its multi functions make it useful for different sorts of bake. Check the latest price.
Panasonic Stainless Steel Breadmaker
This Panasonic Breadmaker is for the more serious baker. It has 27 bake and dough modes for you to create a variety of breads
- Raisin/Nut Dispenser – this mixes additional ingredients in at just the right time to help ensure they are evenly distributed throughout the loaf.
- Yeast Dispenser – unique to the Panasonic Breadmaker, dropping yeast automatically at just the right time to ensure your bread rises as it should for that fluffy or dense loaf.
- Loaf Size – Make a big loaves to feed the hungry, or make a small loaf for one… the choice is yours.
- Colour Options – How brown do you like your crust? With this bread maker, you can choose from pale and creamy to dark and golden for bread that’s a feast for the eyes as well and the belly!
- Diamond-Fluro-Coated Bread Pan – No more sticky pans and it is scratch-proof too!
- Jam and Compote Modes – yes, you read it right… you can make jams in this bread maker! It even comes with recipes!
Why choose this Panasonic Bread Maker? You can bake a delicious gluten free loaf tailored to your preferences, using a range of flours and grains. The Speciality Mode is great for mixing in grains that prove tricky in baking, such as spelt and rye. And did I mention you can make jam?
Looking for a great bread maker to advance your bread recipes? The Panasonic breadmaker costs a little more, but it’s worth it if you want to take your bread baking to the next level. Check the latest price.
SKG Automatic Breadmaker 2LB – Beginner Friendly Programmable Bread Maker
If you’re a bread baking newbie, or just want something really simple to use, the SKG Automatic breadmaker might be the one for you.
- 19 menu options including: BASIC, QUICK, SWEET, FRENCH, WHOLE-WHEAT, RICE BREAD, GLUTEN FREE, DOUGH, CAKE, JAM, YOGURT, BAKE.
- Bake Light, Medium, or Dark crust color and 3 loaf sizes (1 / 1.5 / 2LB).
- 15-hour delay timer, 1 hour automatic ‘Keep Warm’, and 15-minute Power Interruption Recovery allow for fresh breads anytime.
- The bread pan is designed to make the bread evenly dense inside out during cooking.
- Ergonomic top loading lid with a viewing window.
Why choose the SKG Bread Maker? The benefit of this bread maker is its simplicity. You just put in the ingredients, press a button or set the timer, and it’s good to go. Overall, t’s a good value machine to start your breadmaking adventures! Check the latest price.
It’s time to make the move away from shop bought bread. You don’t need it!
Bread making machines are cost effective, meaning you can produce a loaf of bread for less than it costs to buy one. A loaf of bread costs about pound, so after just a few months a bread maker will have paid for itself.
Ready to enjoy healthier homemade bread each day? Bread makers help you do just that!
Do you use a bread making machine? Tell us what sort you use and why you like it!