With the colder seasons upon us, keeping our dogs protected from the weather is key to a happy walk. Waterproof dog coats for small breeds are important because our smaller friends can be more prone to feeling the effects of cold and rain. So, to keep tails wagging on outdoor adventure, we’ve put together some of the best waterproof dog coats designed for small breeds. Let’s dive in!
Ancol Muddy Paws All Weather Stormguard Coat
Ancol are a Birmingham based company that make a range of pet wear. This Muddy Paws Stormguard dog coat is designed to provide full coverage for your dog’s chest and body. This helps to keep them warm, dry and as clean as possible on your walks!
- A cosy fleece lining for thermal protection in cold and windy weather.
- Adjustable hook and loop fastenings, as well as elasticated leg straps and neck hole for a secure and comfortable fit.
- Reflective taping so your dog is visible in low light conditions, helping to keep them safe.
- A zipped harness slot on top of the coat allows for quick attachment of a lead to your dog’s walking harness.
- Machine washable, so you can just pop the coat in your washing machine to be ready for your next muddy adventure!
Overall, this is a snug and waterproof coat that is easy to use and quick to wash. It comes in a choice of colours too! Check the latest price.
Etechydra Reflective Dog Coat with Removable Hat
If you are looking for a budget-friendly waterproof dog coat, Etechydra fits the bill. Your small dog will stay warm and dry, and also look adorable wearing the removable hat!
- Waterproof and windproof outer fabric, combined with a warm inner fleece, keeps your dog dry and warm. It is most suited to withstand light rain.
- V-neck and Velcro fixings ensure a comfortable fit, and it won’t slip off as your dog runs. It is also easy to put on and take off.
- The removable hat will keep ears warm and protect your dog’s head from wind, rain and snow.
- Traction hole makes it easy to attach or remove a lead when required. It also features a taped waterproof zip to prevent rain and mud getting in.
This waterproof dog coat for small breeds is idea for quick walks as well as long walks in wet or muddy conditions, however it may not withstand torrential rain. But, if you are looking for a lightweight and cosy jacket for dogs that is not expensive, it is a great option. Check the latest price.
Mikki Doodles Dog Raincoat
The Mikki Doodles small dog coat is great for dogs with curly fur. It has a super silky lining that prevents friction and tangles! Keep your dog warm, dry and clean on those daily walks.
- Fully waterproof and windproof, your dog will be happy in all weathers.
- Silky inner lining prevents tangles and knots, which curly haired dogs are prone to.
- Easy to put on and comfortable to wear thanks to a full length zip.
- Velcro sleeves on the legs to stop water and mud from getting in.
- Lead attachment point on the back.
- Reflective safety strips to make sure your dog can be seen in low light.
The Mikki Doodles waterproof dog coat will keep curly haired pooches dry and tangle free, but is also great for other breeds too. Check the latest price.
Tail Blazers Waterproof Dog Coat
This dog coat by Tail Blazers is perfect for active dogs who love exploring. Made from tough material, it’s not only keeps your dog protected from the elements, but it is super durable and scratch resistant too!
- Uses Rainbar™ technology which provides excellent water repellence and abrasion resistance. If your dog likes to scamper about in the woods, you don’t have to worry about the coat getting damaged on twigs! It also has memory stretch material, so it won’t lose shape.
- Detachable quilted liner means you can use this dog coat in all seasons. Simply remove the liner if you just want shower protection on warmer days.
- Fully adjustable for a comfortable fit, it includes an adjustable neck, Velcro belly band and elastic leg straps. There’s also a zip opening to you can reach a collar or harness with a lead.
- As with any quality dog coat, Tail Blazer features a reflective trim to keep your dog visible in all weathers and light levels.
One for the most active dogs, Tail Blazer is great for any outdoor adventure. Check the latest price.
Embark Wax Small Dog Jacket
For the dog who enjoys a country look, the Embark wax dog coat is sure to set tails wagging. This stylish barbour wax coat is both beautiful and practical, and comes in a range of sizes.
- Made from 75% waxed cotton and 25% waxed polyester, this dog coat will keep your dog warm and dry on showery days.
- Lightly insulated with bonded cotton on the interior, it will keep even short-haired dogs warm.
- Comes in four sizes and adjustable to fit most breeds. They do tend to run a little small, so that’s worth remembering when ordering.
This waterproof dog coat is ideal for small breeds, and gives a smart and classic look to your best friend. Check the latest price.
Choosing The Right Waterproof Dog Coat for Small Breeds
The best waterproof dog coats for small dogs will depend on the types of activities you do with your dog. For short walks on concrete paths, a basic covering will keep your dog warm and dry. If you like to go on more rugged adventures or long hikes, choosing something that’s durable and easy to clean is essential.
We hope these top dog coat picks have helped you choose. Happy walking!