When it comes to Christmas, birthdays or other anniversaries for a loved one, it can be often tricky to find a suitable gift, especially for that hard to buy for relative. We end up resorting to the same old ideas of chocolates, alcohol or “smellies” for the umpteenth time. But, help is at hand! Here are some of the best gifts for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts for under £30, some as low as a tenner!
This range of outdoorsy and nature based gift ideas suit all budgets, and would be great for that bird-watcher, camper, festival-goer, fisherman or hiker in your life. Or, maybe a little practical gift for yourself after a hard week’s work.
Bee Revival Kit
How often have you found a struggling bee? Revive a Bee was created by two friends to help individuals to help revive bees they find on their travels. It comes on a handy key chain to always ensure you always have it with you and is suitable for Honeybees, Bumblebees, solitary bees as well as butterflies.
The elixir itself is a liquid called Invertbee, a mixture of glucose and fructose used to feed beehives over winter. Amazingly, the backing packaging is made with plantable wild seeds that are perfect for bees and other wild pollinators too. The Invertbee liquid should be replaced yearly to ensure the best quality for the bees and can be purchased separately, or can be refilled at home with 1:2 ratio of granulated sugar to water mix. Check the latest price.
MPOWERD Luci EMRG Solar Inflatable Lantern
This amazing Mpowerd inflatable lantern is an ideal gift to take on a camping trip or for you to keep at home for emergencies or power cuts. The lantern never needs batteries as its fully charged from sunlight, giving up to 7 hours lighting on a single charge. It is tough, withstanding 150lbs of pressure and is waterproof down to 1metre. It is also surprisingly compact when collapsed (1.5 inches) and weighs just 79g (2.8oz).
- BUILT-IN RECHARGEABLE 350 mAh LITHIUM-ION BATTERY. With 25 lumens, 5 modes including S.O.S, and lasting up to 7 hours on a single charge.
- BRIGHT AND LONG LASTING. Emitting 25 lumens of power via 3 cool white + 1 red LEDs, and shining through a matte finish with a clear top.
- DESIGNED FOR EMERGENCIES. With 5 modes (low, high, flashing, S.O.S., and steady red), this pocket-sized lantern, flashlight, and S.O.S beacon always has your back.
- POWERFUL, PORTABLE, AND READY FOR ANYTHING. With its compact size, this little light will be there whenever you need it. Plus, with a fixed top strap, it can be easily attached to your backpack, or hung from above.
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty on all MPOWERD products. Check the latest price.
Autoly Wallet Ninja 18 in 1 credit card sized Multi-tool
Wallet Ninja is a clever little 18 in 1 multitool that would make an excellent gift or stocking filler for an outdoor enthusiast. It will soon be a must-have grab for that next adventure, saving you when something goes wrong or a can or bottle opener is lost or forgotten. Its small size means it can easily fit in a wallet or purse and is made of sturdy 420 stainless steel.
The tool features a Peeler, Can Opener, Screw Driver, Wrench, Box Opener, Letter Opener, Ruler, Bottle Opener and weighs just 28.5g (1oz).
- Total Size: 85 x 53 x 1mm / 3.27″ x 2.09″ x 0.04″ (L*W*T); Color: Black; Weight: 28.5g/1oz. 2Pieces of Multitool
- 18 in 1 Function Multitool: Peeler,Can Opener, Screw Driver, Wrench, Box Opener, Letter Opener, Ruler, Bottle Opener
- Practical Multitool Suitable for Outdoor Survival, Camping, Fishing, Hunting, Hiking, Car Set, Indoor activities like home renovation, DIY, repairing. Check the latest price.
National Trust : Short Walks in Beautiful Places Book
This National Trust Short Walks guide features 100 walks across Great Britain. Whether you want to explore from Avebury’s stone circle, or the peaks surrounding Lake Windermere, this book making it easy to explore historical sites and stunning views.
It is set out in an easy to follow way, detailing the routes as you go. The guide is organised by region and the walks are graded according to ease, from two to eight miles in length. It also features local attractions, facilities, transport links as well as things to do with the kids. There’s something for everyone, from beginner to more a experienced hiker looking for new locations. A great gift for an outdoor lover, or maybe an introduction guide for someone wanting to start. Check the latest price.
Multifunction Rechargeable Waterproof Arc Lighter
When it comes to lighting anything outdoors, we’ve all experienced the hassles of wet conditions or high winds, which is where this Waterproof Arc Lighter fits in. The lighter doesn’t requires gas, lighter fluids of flints, and is recharged via a USB connector to give a strong plasma arc.
This lighter also comes with a useful torch and compass built in with the lighter housing lockable for safety. A must-have gift for anyone trying to start a fire outdoors.
- Waterproof With sealed lighter cover and locking clasp, this multi use arc lighter with compass and torch is totally waterproof making it perfect for camping, hiking, outdoor adventure, fishing, camping, survival tactical.
- Rechargeable Lighter can be charged with any suitable power source available (power bank, laptop, mains, car) with the included USB cable. Approx. 2 hours for full charge. Clean, convenient and economical with no gas or lighter fluid or flints required.
- Multifunction Windproof ARC lighter with compass and torch With built in compass to show you which direction to travel and a 3 mode LED torch to guide you in the dark or signal for help, this is an essential piece of survival kit for everyone who spends time outdoors.
- Light weight and durable this arc lighter with lanyard is lightweight and small, you can hang round your neck or put it in your pocket. High-quality ABS and Zinc Alloy material makes it very durable.
This arc lighter would make the perfect gift for all people who enjoy the outdoors and comes in attractive gift box. Check the latest price.
LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
The LifeStraw personal water filter is a lightweight solution for those wanting to collect water from a questionable source, such as a river or stream on a camping trip or long hike. The filter contains no chemicals or batteries, and is small and light enough to fit into anyone’s rucksack. This saves carrying large amounts of fluids or it can be used as a back up plan in emergencies.
LifeStraw is small at 23cm (9inches) x 2.5cm (1inch) and weighs 57g (2oz). It has the ability to filter 400 litres, plenty for most people’s adventure usage.
The filter protects against 99.999999% of bacteria, including E.coli and Salmonella as well as 99.999% of parasites such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium, while also filtering microplastics, silt, sand and cloudiness.
- Protects against 99.999999% of bacteria (including E.coli, Salmonella), 99.999% of parasites (including Giardia and Cryptosporidium), 99.999% of microplastics, silt, sand, and cloudiness
- Ultralight and durable, the LifeStraw weighs less than 2 ounces (57 g) so you can pack it anywhere
- Long-lasting membrane microfilter will last up to 1,000 gallons (4,000 L) of water, that’s enough drinking water for an individual for over 5 years
- Be prepared with the ultimate survival tool, the LifeStraw has an unlimited shelf life and has been tested all over the globe to face the harshest conditions
- Your purchase has impact: one purchase, one child, one year of safe water.
Victorinox Fieldmaster 15 Function Swiss Army Knife
When it comes to must-have items, no respectable outdoors person should be without a Swiss army knife made by the original manufacturers Victorinox. These pocket tools will last you a lifetime and have been tried and tested all around the globe in some of the toughest conditions.
This swiss army knife could be a lifesaver when you are caught in a compromising situation on a camping trip, from cutting branches for firewood to opening that corked bottle of red after a long day. The knives come in a variety of sizes and tool counts, but the Fieldmaster is a good compromise of functions without getting too bulky or heavy.
- Swiss made pocket knife with 15 functions: bottle opener, can opener, key ring, large blade, multipurpose hook, Phillips screwdriver 1/2, reamer, punch and sewing awl, scissors, screwdriver three mm, screwdriver six mm, small blade, toothpick, tweezers, wire stripper, wood saw.
- Lifetime assurance: Victorinox assures all knives and tools to be of first-class stainless steel and also assures a lifetime against any defects in material and workmanship.
- Dimensions: height 20mm, length 91mm, weight 100g.
Personalised Embroidered Hiking Boot Bag
When it comes to hiking or running, we have all experienced the mess involved with muddy boots and shoes messing up our cars and homes. If you need great gifts for outdoor lovers, this personalised embroidered hiking boot bag is a great solution.
The bags themselves have a 14 litre capacity and come with an internal baseboard, protective base feet and a mesh ventilation window. The manufacturer quotes dimensions of 33x26x25cm. Why not give something a little different, and leave a personal message that will be remembered for years to come? Check the latest price.
39 Ways to save the planet book
Finally, a gift for a loved one to read, curled up in front of a roaring fire. 39 Ways to Save the Planet book is an eye opening look at global climate issues and practical solutions, from a BBC radio and Countryfile presenter Tom Heap.
This book covers topics as wide ranging as tiny rice seeds and fossil free steel to grazing elk and carbon-capturing seagrass meadows. It is a must-have read for anyone interested or fascinated in global issues, nature and technology. Check the latest price.
Finding perfect gifts for outdoor enthusiasts is easier than you think. Just tap into that spirit of nature and adventure, and you’re sure to find something they’ll love. For even more gift ideas, check out top gifts for survivalists and preppers!