Waterproof trousers make outdoor activities fun for kids and are a must-have item for every child’s wardrobe this autumn and winter.
It’s a sad fact that many children spend more time playing inside, than enjoying the fresh air and exercise that is so important to health and well-being. Being outdoors helps children to explore their environment, learn about nature and have fun!
It is important for children to enjoy all weathers, and not play out just when it’s sunny. It’s good for their health and confidence, as well as their development. There are many benefits to being outside in bad weather:
- It helps children develop a sense of adventure and courage.
- They learn how to cope with difficult situations.
- They learn how to be independent.
- It helps them develop skills such as problem solving and teamwork.
- Boosts their immune system so they get less bugs!
With more children spending time online, it can also be difficult for parents to get their children out of doors. Children who are more active are less likely to become overweight or develop health conditions in later in life, so burning off energy is essential.
One way to encourage outdoor activities is to make sure that children are happy and comfortable in all weathers, and that includes appropriate clothing such as waterproof trousers.
Waterproof trousers for kids are designed to keep them warm and dry whatever the weather. They’re ideal for rainy days at school, or play, or for outdoor activities like camping, hiking and exploring.
What are waterproof trousers for children made of?
Waterproof trousers keep your kids warm and dry during the autumn and winter months. They are made of a canvas-type material that will not let water in, and some are fleece lined for added insulation. This means that they are ideal for playing in the snow, going sledging, playing out in the rain or even walking through puddles without getting splashed!
Waterproof trousers are lightweight and easy to slip on over regular trousers or jeans. They come with adjustable waists and ankles, meaning kids can find their perfect fit regardless of the weather. And when it comes to laundry time, most pairs are machine washable so they can be reused again and again.
There are many different styles of waterproof clothing available on the market today, but one thing is for certain – they are not all created equal! Some brands may not be as durable as others, which means they will only last a short time before needing replacement.
Here’s our guide to the best waterproof trousers for kids and teenagers!
- Elastic waist and detachable elastic boot straps.
- 100 percent waterproof thanks to the 5.000mm coating and taped seams.
- 3M Scotchlite reflectors for visibility in low light
- Phthalate free.
- 2 colour choices – red and purple.
- Sizes from 4-12 years.
A good quality pair of waterproof trousers that will withstand anything kids will throw at them. Check the latest price.
- Tested to withstand 2,000 mm of rain in a day, suitable for moderate rain
- All seams on this item are taped, ensuring complete waterproofness.
- Mesh lining promotes airflow and provides additional ventilation to keep kids cool.
- Half leg zip – allows them to be worn over other trousers and be put on without taking off shoes.
- Ripstop fabric.
- Sizes from 2-13 years.
Mountain Warehouse are a well-known brand, and these trousers are made from quality material. With three colour options, they are great for boys and girls. Check the latest price.
- Waterproof, windproof, breathable, and durable outer-shell.
- Fleece-lined, providing warmth to legs.
- Dart on knee giving much-needed flexibility around the knee area.
- Adjustable elastic waist for greater comfort and freedom of movement.
- Plenty of pockets for convenience: 2 slant pockets, 2 back pockets.
- 5 colour options.
- Sizes from 4-16 years.
These insulated waterproof trousers are ideal for a range of activities, especially in colder weather. They look cool too! Check the latest price.
Waterproof trousers for kids are the perfect way to let them enjoy the outdoors without having to worry about them getting wet and dirty. They’ll be able to play to their heart’s content, without you having to worry about them ruining their clothes, or getting wet or cold. When they’re done, you can simply rinse their trousers and they’ll be good as new.
So, next time it’s raining outside, help kids put on their waterproof trousers and go out and enjoy the weather!