If you like going for walks with your kids, then you know only too well how important it is to have the right footwear.
Wellies are cumbersome, and are prone giving kids cold feet unless they wear really thick socks, while trainers are only good if it is dry underfoot.
As we are an active, outdoor family, I’m always on the hunt for decent footwear. I was recently offered some Hi-Tech walking boots for kids, and they have been thoroughly tested! Here is my review.
Hi-Tec Forza Mid Waterproof Junior Boot Review
These walking boots for kids are designed for girls. I’d been looking for some time for a decent pair of walking bots for my daughter, and she is really pleased with these. The bright blue and salmon colours look cute against the smart grey, making a nice looking pair of walking boots for girls.
They also have some great features that you would expect from a good walking boot.
- The suede and mesh uppers offer support, durability and breathability
- Dri-Tec waterproof, breathable membrane keeps feet dry and moisture wicking shoe lining takes moisture away from the foot, leaving it feeling fresher for longer
- Padded collar and tongue provides extreme comfort
- Ghillie lacing system creates snug, secure fit
- Multi-Directional Traction (MDT) rugged rubber outsole improves grip and provides durability
- Impact-absorbing CMEVA midsole ensures long lasting cushioning and comfort
- Unique Big-Fit system allows children’s feet room to grow so that shoes last longer
One of the best things about these boots are the waterproofness and the grip. You don’t need to worry about wet feet on muddy walks, these walking boots are like a comfortable pair of trainers that don’t let in moisture.
Another good feature is the Big-Fit system. You know how kid’s feet always seem to be growing? Well these walking boots will last a long time, as they are two sizes in one. As your child’s feet grows, you can remove the insole to reveal another one. This creates a roomier place for growing feet, and means you don’t need to shell out on buying another pair of walking boots.
We’ve used these boots on many outings now, and they are warm, comfortable and easy to clean.
Hi-Tec Altitude Lite VI Waterproof Junior Boot
These Hi Tech walking boots have all the style that growing boys will love, especially the blue camo pattern on the inside on the tongue. Again, these are a smart looking pair or walking boots for boys, and well up to the job of running around and climbing about on different terrains.
- Suede and mesh upper provides durability, breathability and comfort
- Dri-Tec waterproof, breathable membrane keeps feet dry
- Gusseted tongue keeps out debris
- Ghillie and hardware lacing system for a secure fit
- Unique Big-fit system allows children’s feet room to grow so that shoes last longer
- Abrasion resistant heel and toe cap protects against rough terrain
- Molded impact-absorbing EVA midsole ensures long lasting cushioning and comfort
- MDT rubber outsole improves grip and provides durability
Along with the Big-Fit system, another thing that I really like about these boots is the abrasion resistant material at the toecap and heel. This protects the boots from rough wear and keeps them looking good for longer.
We have been out on several winter walks now in these boots, in terrain including muddy woodland, wet grass, and stony footpaths. My kid’s haven’t complained once about these walking boots, which means they approve!
These children’s walking boots are available from JDWilliams, who do a range of walking boots for men and women, as well as women’s fashion footwear.
Having tried Hi Tec walking boots for the first time, it is a brand I will go back to again and would definitely recommend. If you have been looking for a good pair of walking boots for kids, check out Hi Tec!
Why not join the Wild Tribe? All things outdoors delivered to your inbox!